What Technocracy Is Not
The word Technocracy gets thrown around a lot these days, and it is important that people not fall prey to those who are either deliberately misinforming, or simply ignorant. Check this list to see if you have any of these common (and not so common) misconceptions about Technocracy!
Technocracy is not:
- A political party
- A political theory
- A financial racket
- A religious organization
- A philosophical concept
- A variant of Communism, Socialism, Fascism, or any other "-ism"
- Rule by a technological elite
- Putting scientists or engineers in "power"
- A corporate dictatorship
- A shadowy villain in a role-playing game
- A dead organization
- Seeking to overthrow the government and "take over"
- In support of violent change